Sunday, August 9, 2009

Food TV


Ok, I am pretty sure that there is not another household in the country that's as excited about the new Top Chef Season Six as ours. We are counting the days until it starts August 19th.


This years it's Vegas Baby! Who knows what kind of freaks will be in the starting line-up of 16 new contestants. Will there be any real talent? Any hot new Chef Dudes? How many of them will gay this year? Call me crazy, but those are the kind of questions I'm already asking myself.


Either way, it doesn't really matter, as long as I get to see Tom's blistering blue eyes every week. Wait, I think he just winked at me... I actually love all the hosts, Padma bugs me a bit, but she's always worth checking out, Gail is hysterical and the new guy, Toby is brutally funny the way he lashes out at the contestants.


Top Chef has come a long way in five years. The show has received several Emmy's and just recently got the culinary industry's prestigious James Beard Award. Over the last couple of months, we've been glued to the Top Chef Masters as well, which is totally entertaining.

The Top Chef Cookbook was a New York Times best seller and a "go to" in our library, but keep on the look out for the new book Top Chef-The Quick Fire Cookbook, it should be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment