Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Blog Life... I Miss You.


Well, it was just over a month ago that was beginning to redesign my blog, interviewing advertisers and really getting a handle on becoming a serious blogger. Fast forward one week and BAM! All of the sudden I'm in the hospital and diagnosed with chronic pneumonia.

Although I was really sick, lots of coughing, aches, wheezing... I really didn't take it seriously, I mean common, I was in the throws of summer. My girls were heading off to camp, West was starting daycare, we had plans, you know, summer plans.

Well, that all ended very quickly when this hideous flu on steroids hit me even harder and I ended up at Hoag Hospital for two more stints. After a month of rehab, inhalers, antibiotics and numerous other medications, I am just now feeling like my old self again.

It's been a long month or so, but it really did give me a chance to just slow down a bit and take count of myself. I had no idea how crazy and out of control life really can be, especially being Mom with a two year old. It's just not as easy as when I was younger.

I guess some things do happen for a reason, because I feel really good and very well rested now. When it comes to this silly blog, I can't tell you how much I've missed it. It had become such a part of my daily life... Reading every magazine and newspaper, constantly on the look-out for fun and interesting content to share with you all. Well, these past weeks, I haven't had the energy to even think about the research, much less sit at the computer and write.

That's all over now and I'm thrilled... I can't thank you all enough for the amazing feedback and emails I've received, wondering "Where is our Dreemie?" It really did make me realize that there are people out there who do care about what I have to say or what I think is cute, fun or interesting.

The fact is that The Blog Life is here to stay... I am so happy and proud to have found this medium as a way to communicate and convey my viewpoint on life. This has been the first of many stages in a long career in blogging. It has changed my life and the peoples around me. Michael has his MisterMunchie blog in development and it's going to blow people away. Lily has also embraced it and is working on her own expression and friends and family members have began exploring other blogs, sharing their finds and ideas and really just expanding the spectrum of great information and content that's available to us.

Anyway, Dreemie is back... I am planning a whole bunch of great things with the blog and am going to work hard to learn more on the technical side. The posts will now be pretty much every day and I'll be adding all sorts of widgets and media that should continue to be a lot of fun.

Thank you all again, keep reading, don't be afraid to comment or email and keep loving...

The Blog Life...

No comments:

Post a Comment